Friday, April 11, 2008

Zen and Humour

I went to my first Zen sitting last night. It was fun. My feet fell asleep.

Before the sitting, the head zen guy (don't ask me what they call themselves) gave a little speech on humour. It wasn't funny.

I guess zen teachers know as much about humour as stand-up comics do about mediation.


Upcoming Comedy
Tuesday, April 22 - SINGLES NIGHT - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Shy Guys and Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy - For details go to www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal (current Living article is here)
Friday, April 18


Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's ed online. Current headLINES is here

A Pair of Singles (co-written with Dawn Dumont) Current article is here

Other
Wednesday, April 16 - Dan will be appearing on Kamikaze Komedy on CJSR 88.5 from midnight to 2 am (so technically, April 17)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding! Zen guys are the funniest ever... hahaha they generally have no concept for social boundaries.

but I guess you weren't lucky. :(