Thursday, April 03, 2008

Things You DON'T Usually Hear in Bars

GUY I MET: Before I started working on the rigs, I was a bouncer. The best night of the week was Wednesdays, because that was gay night. Gays are really cool. They're funny and friendly and nice to talk to.

DAN: When I heard you start that sentence with "I work on the rigs," I really wasn't expecting your story about gay night to end the way it did.

Stereotypes are bad.


Upcoming Comedy
Monday, April 21 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, April 22 - SINGLES NIGHT - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Shy Guys and Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy - For details go to www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, April 4
Friday, April 18

Current Living Article is up here

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's ed online. Current headLINES is here

A Pair of Singles (co-written with Dawn Dumont) Current article is here

Other
Wednesday, April 16 - Dan will be appearing on Kamikaze Komedy on CJSR 88.5 from midnight to 2 am (so technically, April 17)

No comments: