Tuesday, April 01, 2008

headLINES and other announcements

You'll find it here.

Dawn and I will be hosting a Special Dating Night Tuesday, April 22 at The Comic Strip. There will be comedy, of course, but also some games and possibly prizes as well. We're hoping to make it different and fun and interactive, and the more people we get out, the better the chances of that happening.

Also, I'm writing this here so I am forced to go through with it. I've made the decision to stop doing any of my current act during unpaid spots (ie: guest sets and open mics)

I want to re-experience the challenge and excitement of starting from nothing and creating myself on-stage all over again. My first year in comedy was the one where I did the most bad shows, but it was also the most fun because I was discovering along with the audience what worked and what didn't.

As part of that, it is my intention next week to write 100 jokes in seven days. I'm going to start next Monday and end Sunday by midnight.

Wish me luck.


Upcoming Comedy
Monday, April 21 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, April 22 - SINGLES NIGHT - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Shy Guys and Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy - For details go to www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, April 4
Friday, April 18

Current Living Article is up here

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's ed online. Current headLINES is here

A Pair of Singles (co-written with Dawn Dumont) Current article is here

No comments: