Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Update

Upcoming Comedy
Wednesday, February 28 - Yuk Yuks, Edmonton (GREAT CANADIAN LAUGH OFF FINALS)
Wednesday, March 7 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, March 8 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday, March 9 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, March 10 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, March 11 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Monday, March 26 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, March 2 - Great Expectations

A Pair of Singles (with Dawn Dumont) in ed magazine
Saturday, March 3 - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Saturday, March 17 - Married People

Other Apperances
Saturday, March 3 - MPW Infinity, Kingsway Hangars, Edmonton

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

Wednesday is the Great Canadian Laugh Off Regional finals at Yuk Yuks (show starts at 8pm). If you're in Edmonton, hope to see you there. There's some great comics on the bill, and you're guaranteed a good time.

Sunday was MPW wrestler HEAVY METAL's birthday. I was at the celebrations along with CHI CHI CRUZ, 'YOUNG LION' BOBBY SHARP, BIG JESS, SHANE O'RYAN, MR. INTENSITY, EVAN INFERO, and THE WORLD'S MOST POLITE TAG TEAM (DANNY MANNERS and BRADY ROBERTS). And of course, RIPPER was there to make sure everyone got home safe. It was the first time I've been out drinking since the weeks following my brother's death, and I overdid it a little. On the plus side, Evan Inferno got a picture of me drunk with my head in a strip club toilet--fantastic. Britney Spears eat your heart out. I sobered up as the night went along--just in time to see BIG JESS lashed to a stripper pole. I think I was better off blind drunk.

Yesterday, I MC'd at The Comic Strip, which is always fun. I bumped into BILL GEE before the show and we hung out a bit. He even bought me a drink--of water. I think I've done my drinking for awhile.

As well, don't forget the MPW show this Saturday. Also, MITCH FATEL is coming to town the third week of March, so check that out at The Comic Strip. He's one of the best there is.

No comments: