Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Playing it Safe

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, November 5 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, November 6 - New City Lounge, Edmonton
Wednesday, November 7 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, November 8 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday, November 9 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, November 10 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, November 11 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton


Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Dudes (three Tuesdays, starting November 13)
Learn more at www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, November 2 - The Power of Not Now

A Pair of Singles with Dawn Dumont appears in ed Magazine. Current article is here.

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's online ed magazine. Current headLINES is here


I don't have a lot in common with Tucker Max, but I do enjoy his writing.

One of the things I like is his commitment to being honest about what he feels and where he's coming from. MIKE HARRISON talks about the same thing when he talks about comedy. Personally, I feel there's a difference between being honest and being genuine. You can use honesty to some crappy stuff to people. I think the solution is to be genuine instead. It's a subtle difference, but an important one.

It makes me feel guilty when I look back at this blog. I've always played it safe here and a lot of these posts have been pretty bland as a result. Everything I've written has been honest, but I've also omitted a lot of stuff because I was afraid of offending people or having others "not like me."

That needs to change.

No comments: