Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Update

Upcoming Comedy
Wednesday, September 27 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)
Thursday, September 28 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton
Friday, October 30 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)

Living Articles in the Journal
Friday, September 29 (UNCONFIRMED) - My Parents vs. the Computer

Television(as 'Martial' Art McNeil)
MPW Madness airs every Friday night (Saturday morning) at 1 AMOther Appearances
Friday, September 29 - MPW New Blood (11410 Kingsway Ave)

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

-At long last the great Monster Pro Wrestling Commissioner debate will be resolved, this Friday at the Kingsway hangars at 7:00pm at 11410 Kingsway Ave. I won the voting, so I guess it's just a matter of accepting the official announcement. Thanks to all who voted. Feel free to come down--ticket information is at www.monsterprowrestling.com. I'm a big fan of traditional wrestling the way it should be, so I'm looking forward to taking steps to eliminating a lot of the outside interference that have marred many of MPW's matches as of late, especially with regards to the AMERICAN PATRIOTS.

-Monday at the Strip was a blast. I MC'd and LARS CALLEIOU headlined. To make matters better, during Lars' set, SEAN LECOMB(E)R(E) [sp?] got on the house mic and guested as "Lars' brain." It was hysterical watching Lars do his set while Sean chimed in with Lars' 'thoughts." I also met KRIS SHAW from Indianapolis. He's one of the most positive people I've met and he had a lot of great things to say about our local comedy scene and how supportive we are of one another. I hate to be arrogant, but I think he's right. I really love the other comics in town (but not in a gross way). I'm proud to be an Edmonton comic, and I can't think of a single comedian in Edmonton that I would want to see fail (It's those Inisfail comics you have to watch out for--they'll stab you in the back every time).

-It's unconfirmed but one of my articles might be running this Friday in the Living section. Huzzah!

No comments: