Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Update

Upcoming Comedy
Wednesday, September 20 - Yuk Yuks (Edmonton)
Sunday, September 24 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)
Monday, September 25 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)
Wednesday, September 27 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)
Thursday, September 28 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton
Friday, October 30 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)


Living Articles in the Journal
Friday, September 22 - Getting By With a Little Help From...

Television
(as 'Martial' Art McNeil)
MPW Madness airs every Friday night (Saturday morning) at 1 AM

Other Appearances
Friday, September 29 - MPW New Blood (11410 Kingsway Ave)

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

-Monster Pro Wrestling is on television and not only did I forget to hype it here, I missed the premiere because I was doing a comedy show. I was also apparently on CITY-TV over the weekend for an interview Lars and I taped about the Sidetrack Cafe, and I missed that. I'd fire my publicist, except that I'm it. Anyway, MPW Madness is airing on Access television Friday nights/Saturday mornings at 1Am. We were in the studio earlier taping some lead-ins, and it was a lot of fun. There should also be some online content up at www.monsterprowrestling.com in the next little while.

-Speaking of shows on at ungodly hours, I hope you've had a chance to check out Kamikaze Komedy with LARS CALLIEOU and POWERMANN on CJSR FM 88.5 Wednesdays at midnight. It's a really great look at the local scene, plus they often have guests that range from the top names in international comedy, to--well--me. CJSR is a University station and run on fundraising. If I'm not mistaken, they're in the midst of a push to raise funds, so if you feel generous, feel free to invest in them with a donation on behalf of Kamikaze Komedy.

-If you listen to the radio station Magic 99 and hear a song called "No Regrets," that's Christina (also known as Christina Schmoke). She's a local singer/songwriter, and I've known her for a couple years. If you dig the tune visit or website at www.christina-music.com or call the radio station and request her. She also has a gig this Saturday at the Blue Chair Cafe, so if you want to see her live, check it out.

No comments: