Monday, February 28, 2005

Pleasures of the Flesh Eating

ITEM: Over the weekend, we shot my scenes as a zombie in 990 Productions' indie horror flick, "Kill N' Kleen." It was probably the most fun I've had on a movie set in a long time. Kudos to the cast and crew. Everyone involved was great. I can't wait to see the footage. Plus one of the other zombies, a woman named Joanne made fantastic snacks. Ever seen a horde of undead cannibals descend on a plate of Rice Krispie squares? It's definitely a sight.

ITEM: I taught the second last class in my course on Writing Science-Fiction and Fantasy. I've been offering this course through Metro Continuing Education for a couple years now, and I'm always pleasantly surprised by the level of passion and enthusiasm shown by the students. For more info on the course, call Metro Continuing Education at (780) 428-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-202-2003. You can also check them out online at www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca.

ITEM: I'm going to be an international author! I finished the edits this week on my short story "Glass Houses" which will be appearing in an Australian anthology of zombie fiction called "Cold Flesh," scheduled for publication this June. For more details, check out www.hellboundbooks.com

ITEM: Finally, I performed at Yuk Yuks on Tuesday, and it went really well, which was a relief cause a fair number of friends came to watch. It's a weird feeling to have people you care about in the audience: it's stressful, because you want them to like you, but it's also a real relief to look over from onstage and see people who have always supported you.

The headliner was RICHARD LETT (www.richardlett.com), who was gracious enough to give me some feedback after my set. This would also be a good time to mention another pro, HOWIE MILLER (www.howiemiller.com), who also has taken time to give me pointers--some of my best material came from listening to his suggestions. J.P. FOURNIER also suggested a tag for one of my new jokes. I'm looking forward to try it out. I don't know if J.P. has a website, but if you check www.edmontonyuks.com, you can find out his Yuk Yuks dates at least.

No comments: