Saturday, May 05, 2007

Weekend Report

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, May 14 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, May 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, May 31 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday,June 1 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, June 2 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, June 3 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

A Pair of Singles (with Dawn Dumont) in ed magazine every second Saturday
Coming Up Next: Commitment

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

Dan Brodribb's Wrestling Blog can be found at maritalartgallery.blogspot.com


Thursday I caught JAY MALONE's show at the Comic Strip. He's a fantastic comic and a great guy. Afterwards we got into the midnight showing of Spider-Man 3 with a few other comics and Comic Strip staff. It's good to have connections. As for the movie...I talked about it a bit on my wrestling blog, but I'm not going to say anything here. I like to focus on the positive--hanging out with a great bunch of people. That should tell you all you need to know about the movie itself.

Saturday DAWN DUMONT and I went to an open mic (after a bit of a false-start trying to find the place) and then checked out SHAWN MAJUMBER at Yuk Yuks. It was a great show.

I went from geek to chic Sunday night, as I had a chance to see FOREVER TANGO at the Jubilee. It was a lot like wrestling. Some cool costumes, neat high spots, and the best routines were the ones with clear characters and storytelling. What really blew me away was the orchestra. They made that show. Plus there were accordion solos!

Afterwards I hit a karaoke bar to watch the replay of the Suns-Spurs game. Since there were no other comics there, instead of begging for a spot to tell a couple jokes...I actually sang karaoke. I was fantastic (Hey, no one I knew was there to tell me otherwise).

I have decided I like Yogurt...at least the kind from Planet Organic. It's almost as good as their potato chips. Healthy food--what's happening to me?

No comments: