Tuesday, July 11, 2006

At Last...and UPDATE

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, July 24 - The Comic Strip
Wednesday, July 26 - The Comic Strip
Sunday, July 30 - The Comic Strip
Sunday, August 6 - The Comic Strip
Wednesday, August 9 - The Comic Strip

Monday, August 21 - The Comic Strip

Upcoming Short Stories
The Girl Who Feared Lightning - Check www.blackgate.com for details.

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/danbrodribb



Has it really been this long since I've updated this sucka? Guess so. Sorry all. I've been spending my days trying to get a crazy amount of writing done (including a new short story, 'The Girls' teleplay, a bunch of new columns...and a special project I'll talk about in a minute.) and my nights hanging out at the comedy clubs begging for stage time and enjoying the company of some great guys and gals. (which reminds me--Andrew Iwanyk should be on his way for Just For Laughs shortly. If you're in the Montreal area, make sure to check him out. I don't know the dates of his performances off hand, but e-mail Just For Laughs at their website)

I was also offered a role in another indie flick. It's scheduled for shooting this summer, but they're still raising financing, so we'll see what happens.

I finally got back to the Sidetrack these last couple of weeks. Awesome fun. It's good to see Ben Spencer again, and while nothing will replace the old location, it's still a good time. There's some good talent there, and the fries are still great. I also bumped into TRAVIS ROBINSON, who I haven't seen if over a year. It was great to catch up with him.

I'm excited to announce that I'm working on a new book-length project. The project is going to be on romantic relationships. POWERMANN, the world's fattest contortionist and co-host of Kamikaze Komedy on CJSR told me that me writing a book on romance is like him writing a diet book--maybe I'll quote him on the dust jacket. Anway, in order for the book to be a success, I'm hoping to interview a number of people on their experiences dating in the new millenium, so if you have some good stories to share, or know anyone who does, send them my way.

No comments: