Friday, April 14, 2006

Congratulations

Upcoming Comedy
Friday, April 21 - Student Distress Centre Fundraiser
Saturday, April 26 - Legion, Red Deer

Upcoming WritingLiving Articles in the Edmonton Journal
April 14 & 28

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed magazine supplement to the Edmonton Journal

-Congratulations to POWERMANN for winning The Comic Strip's 'Funniest Guy with a Day Job' contest. I don't know if strictly speaking Powermann's extracurricular activities as a University station radio host and world's fattest contortionist qualify as a 'day job,' but it could just be sour grapes on my part. Seriously, congratulations, Powermann.

-Hope everyone's going to have a Happy Easter. I need to finish up some MPW voiceover stuff. I missed the last show, and apparently my replacement EL NINO, THE SICILIAN ASSASSIN did an able job as a replacement. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it's a lot of pressure off me; on the other, it's disconcerting knowing you can be so easily replaced. As Lars sometimes says, "You're only as good as your last show." In some ways though, it's a welcome pressure. I love the feeling of constantly being expected to deliver--and I fully intend to live up to the challenge.

No comments: