Monday, February 27, 2006

For those of you wondering...

Upcoming Comedy
Wednesday, March 1 - The Comic Strip
Sunday, March 19 - The Comic Strip
Saturday, April 1 - The Legion, Stettler

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, March 3 - The Dice Whisperer
Friday, March 17 - Son of Elvis

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed magazine supplement to the Edmonton Journal

- In my Journal article this Friday, I ask about which seven celebrities I'd want with me if zombies took over the world (I love my job). Here they are:
Sarah Chalke
Martha Stewart
Chris Benoit
Alan Iverson
Eliza Dushku
Ted Nugent
Lance Armstrong

Feel free to e-mail me with your own choices at dbrodribb@hotmail.com. I'm always willing to hear someone else's case.

-On Thursday I did a show in Lake Louise. ANDREW GROSE headlined and the show went great, though we got stuck in a snowstorm on the way down and the hotel was overbooked so we had to stay elsewhere. Andrew wrote about it in his blog at www.andrewgrose.com. The creepy thing is he wrote the blog before we even left Edmonton. I guess we can add psychic powers to his list of credits.

-I met HEATH MCCOY on Sunday at a signing for his book, PAIN & PASSION, which is a history of Stampede Wrestling. If you're from Alberta, you probably grew up with Stampede, so it's cool seeing that history isn't going to be lost. The best part was GIL HAYES, who wrestled in Stampede from 1967-1985, stopped by with a scrapbook featuring photos of some of his matches. Very cool.

No comments: