Saturday, August 27, 2005

End of August

Upcoming Shows
Yuk Yuks--Friday, September 2
Yuk Yuks'--Saturday, September 3

-Hope everyone is enjoying the last week of summer. I didn't get to go to the Fringe this year, and I'm doubly disappointed because they put on Chris Craddock's "Boy Groove," which is tied with Marty Chan's "The Bone House" as my favorite play EVER.

-I'm working hard getting ready for these upcoming weekend shows at YUKS. When you're sharing a stage with NICK ROY, you have to be at your best. If you can make it out, come say hi. It's interesting looking back over the past year and seeing how far some guys have come and the unexpected directions people's careers have taken, I'm amazed at the amount of growth there's been. Edmonton is a great city for comedy and with three comedy clubs running plus numerous open mics, there's always plenty of chances to check out some really funny people.

-I'll also be at the Monster Pro Wrestling show on Saturday (check www.monsterprowrestling.com for showtimes and ticket information). I'm not performing or anything, but I will be posting a write-up of the results on the Monster Pro site. If you see me there, come say hi. I'll be the guy with the pen and pad forgetting to write things down because he's busy getting caught up watching the action.

-On another wrestling-related note, I stumbled across www.lannypoffo.com on the internet. "Leaping Lanny" aka "The Genius" was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up. He's currently promoting a book of poetry he wrote aimed at keeping kids from smoking. Nothing wrong with that. I dropped him an e-mail and he actually replied, so that was a real thrill. It's not every day you get a message from the World's Smartest Man.

No comments: