Thursday, March 10, 2005

Untitled Update

I got my picture taken today for my upcoming six column "Family Values" series in the EDMONTON JOURNAL's LIVING section. The first column runs this Sunday; let me know what you all think.

If you're waiting for February's headLINES, I'll post them on Saturday. Join us as we take a look back at all the things that never happened in the month of February, complete with my own Commentary.

Shameless self-promotion aside, I saw some great comedy over the last couple of days. ON Tuesday, STEVE MCCARTHY--the man who introduced me to the wild and wonderful world of comedy--MCd his first show at Yuk Yuks on Tuesday and did a fabulous job. NAVIN also did his first Yuks set in a while. BRIAN HEGGE showed off his "tweaker" bit again, and SEAN LACOMBER(sp?) nearly made me fall off my seat with his own take on fire safety.

Wednesday I was at the Comic Strip where Navin and I both tried out some new material to a small but enthusiastic crowd . That's the great thing about Edmonton comedy--people come to the shows to have fun. ANDREW IWANYK was doing some new material as well; I can't remember if I've talked about him in previous posts, but he's a true original and another must-see. LARS CALLIEOU was our host and MC. On stage and off Lars is one of the friendliest, most outgoing guys in the local comedy scene--not only that, but his last name uses with all five vowels in the English language, including four in a row at the end--C'est incroyable.

No comments: