Sunday, October 12, 2008

Makin' Movies

I got a small role in a TV pilot yesterday. My role was being knocked unconscious by the butt end of a rifle and stuffed in the back of a van.

At least I survived this time (although by all accounts, I am to be tortured to death in a later scene). Whether I'm a zombie, a thug, or a bartender, my role usually involves a quick and violent death (or in the case of one episode of MPW Madness, getting a pie in the face).

It was interesting acting in a full mask and body suit. It was an interesting challenge because I had to make all my reactions bigger with my body to get across what my character was feeling. I realize not many people are going to be paying attention to "Cleaner 02," but it keeps things interesting for me. My pro-wrestling buddies were right; you do have to make everything bigger when you're wearing a mask.

One of the other guys at the shoot was really cool. He's a bouncer/professional hypnotist/paintball enthusiast. Needless to say, he was a lot of fun to talk with.

And I thought I had diverse interests.



Upcoming Comedy
Tuesday, October 7 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, October 15 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, October 18 - Fort McMurray
Tuesday, October 21 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Living Columns in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, October 17
Friday, October 31
Current Living article is up here.

Dan's musings on shyness and relationships can be found at hotchicksandstrangers.blogspot.com

No comments: