Friday, February 15, 2008

New Stuff and a Dear Dawn Letter

Valentine's Day Pair of Singles is up here.

Also, my latest Living article is up. Read it here.

Two things on the Living article.

Thing One: I didn't write the caption beneath the picture. I don't know who the "I" is who never found someone over 30 at The Standard, but it was not Dan Brodribb. I've never been to the Standard.

The caption is fine. But it wasn't me that wrote it. And as small a thing as it might seem, since it's being published under my byline, it's important to me that people know that.

Thing Two: It's ironic that the "Scared of Bars" got published today, as I was at one until closing time last night.

Here's my email to Dawn:

"Hey, Dawn,

Hope you made it home all right. After you left I gave one woman a valentine, consoled another one on her break-up, made plans with a third to start our own bar, and nearly got into a fight with some guy. Good times.

Also, I finally got some stories from the men's bathroom to compete with your tales of women's washroom. The world is a very strange place.

See you Tuesday,

Dan"

No comments: