Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I Can't Believe I've Been Mispronouncing The Word "Umbrella" All These Years

Apparently--at least according to Rihanna--the correct pronunciation is "Ahm-ba-rella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay"

I had no idea that what she was saying there was supposed to be the word Umbrella. I thought it was gibberish like 'Bawitaba' or 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida' Or Do Wa Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Doo. When I heard the song was titled 'Umbrella,' I remember thinking: "That's weird. They don't even have the name of the song in the chorus."

I guess I was wrong. I just didn't recognize it.

Having said that, I'm not ashamed to admit love this Rihanna album 'Good Girl Gone Bad." Every song is catchy. I haven't enjoyed an album this much from beginning to end since System of a Down's "Mezmerize."

Anyway, here's my schedule.

Upcoming Comedy
Tuesday, February 18 - The Comic Strip
Tuesday, February 26 - The Comic Strip
Wednesday, February 27 - The Comic Strip
Thursday, February 28 - The Comic Strip
Friday, February 29 - The Comic Strip
Saturday, March 1 - The Comic Strip
Sunday, March 2 - The Comic Strip

Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Shy Guys starts on February 25 - For details go to www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Current Living Article is up here

Upcoming Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal (Subject to change)
Friday, February 15
Friday, February 29
Friday, March 7

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's ed online. Current headLINES is here

A Pair of Singles (co-written with Dawn Dumont) Current article is here.

No comments: