Friday, August 04, 2006

Update

Upcoming Comedy
Sunday, August 6 - The Comic Strip
Wednesday, August 9 - The Comic Strip
Monday, August 21 - The Comic Strip

Living Articles in the Journal
Friday, August 11 or 18 (TBA)

Upcoming Short Stories
The Girl Who Feared Lightning - Check www.blackgate.com for details.

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

-Once again, I've been remiss with my updating. My brother passed away a couple weeks ago, and I've been focused on that. Something like that really makes you re-evaluate your priorities. One thing both of me and my brother were committed to is living the kind of life that we wanted instead of what others wanted for us. I guess I'm even more grateful now for the opportunities I've had, now that I've been reminded it can be taken away at any moment.

-It looks like MPW is in negotiations for some province wide television exposure, so it's back to the Idiom control room to get ready for the pilot. I'm very excited about it, but I'm also a little sad that my brother will never get to see it. We used to watch wrestling together as kids, and once put on a 'match' for my father's birthday complete with entrances (the finish was a splash off the coffee table as I recall).

-ANDREW IWANYK did very well at Just For Laughs, and a major studio has expressed interest in him. That's great news. Andrew's one of the most talented guys I know, and he inspires me a lot with his work ethic and unique vision.

No comments: