Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Idol Chatter

UPCOMING EVENTS
COMEDY
TUESDAY, JUNE 7 - Yuk Yuks - COMEDY IDOL (HOORAY!)
TUESDAY, MAY 17 - Yuk Yuks- 2 minute 'warm-up' spot for Comedy Idol

-I'm really excited about Comedy Idol. I found out I'll be performing on June 7. Two of my personal favorites, MARK SALAMANDICK and NAVIN are also up on the 7th, so I encourage you to come down--you won't be disappointed. If you want a sample of what you'll experience in Comedy Idol, come down to Yuks on the 17th where you'll see a parade of comedians doing two-minute demo bits. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

--"Kill N' Kleen" will premiere on May 25 at the Edmonton Art Gallery at 7:30pm. You can pick up tickets for five bucks in advance at the Naked Cafe on 10354 Jasper Avenue or e-mail 990films@gmail.com. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it there for show time, but I'll certainly be there afterwards to sign autographs for my adoring public ("Look! It's zombie #132! He was my FAVORITE!")

--Other stuff. KATHLEEN MCGEE has started a comedy show every Monday at Blue Chicago on 142 Street and Stony Plain road. Shows like this are usually 'hidden gems' because you get to see a lot of great local guys do material they might not usually do. And because it's an open mic, you sometimes get 'surprise guests' like...oh, you thought I was going to tell you? Go check it out and discover for yourself.

--It's been a busy week this week. Between the articles I'm writing for the Journal, the final edits for 'Glass Houses,' and gearing up for Comedy Idol, I'm exhausted.

No comments: