Friday, August 31, 2007

The Angel of Death Strikes

Upcoming Comedy
Tuesday, August 28 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, September 12 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Monday, September 17 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, September 26 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, September 27 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday, September 28 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, September 29 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, September 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, September 7
Friday, September 21
Friday, October 5

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday at the Edmonton Journal's ed online magazine.

A Pair of Singles with Dawn Dumont also appears in ed magazine. Dates TBA


Did you know I actually sound better singing Karaoke with a cold? I didn't. I've also gotten everyone I've come into contact with in the last week sick. I'm the Angel of Death. (In fairness, this isn't 100% my fault. I asked a friend if I was still contagious and she looked it up on Wikipedia and said I wasn't. I believed her--she's a Master's Student, after all so she must know what she's talking about. Also, Wikipedia)

Photo shoot today. I will have a co-star in the photos for an upcoming article. His name is Parker and he is a three (or possibly four) months old. His parents were gracious enough to let me use a picture of us together in an article.

I'm reading the Power of Now by Eckhard Tolle. I tend to dismiss a lot of that stuff as new age voodoo crap, but this one seems okay if a tad repetitive. It's all about living in the moment instead of worrying about the past or future. I have a hard time living in the moment as I am often looking forward to the next one. Especially if there's basketball in it.

Rumors are that MPW is up and running again and will be doing TV tapings again. If so, that's great news. There are some cool, hard-working, talented guys in that promotion and they deserve all the success in the world.

Dawn references Fellini movies in our next Pair of Singles article. I'm embarassed to admit, I had only the vaguest idea of who Fellini was. I hate having a co-writer who's smarter than me. Oh well. That's why Wikipedia was invented.

No comments: