Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Saturday Morning Musings

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, May 14 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, May 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, May 31 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday,June 1 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, June 2 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, June 3 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton


Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Journal
Friday, April 27 - Party On

A Pair of Singles (with Dawn Dumont) in ed magazine every second Saturday
This week's Topic: Pre-Date Rituals

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Other Appearances
Friday, May 4 - MPW War Path, Kingsway Hangars, Edmonton

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

Dan Brodribb's Wrestling Blog can be found at maritalartgallery.blogspot.com


Looks like one of my articles ran yesterday in the Journal. I nearly missed it.

Thursday, I went to the opening reception for a May Week art show, celebrating art and the labour movement. It was a lot of fun. I know the woman who helped put it all together, and she did an awesome job. I got to meet a couple of the artists too, which is fun. I really admire people who can do visual arts. You need to be creative, but you also have to have hands-on skills too. I couldn't do it.

I've spent some of the last few days going through my old notes for articles and cleaning them up. It's interesting reading things I've written and realizing I don't relate to it anymore. A few years ago, I was as close to rock bottom as I could get. Somehow I learned to stop blaming the world or myself for the things I didn't have, and now I'm as happy with my life as I've ever been. I'm looking forward to the future--even if the future includes eating vegetables.

Everyone I know is addicted to Facebook. I'm not sure what the big deal is, but I seem to be getting sucked deeper and deeper into the morass. I DID reconnect with one of my best friends from elementary/junior high. We used to write together and watch horror movies and listen to heavy metal music in his basement. It was great hearing from him, especially since he was so influential on my writing during my formative years--for better or worse. Although most of our stories contained the phrase "shards of splintered bone," usually in relation to exploding heads.

Looking forward to the Writing Group tomorrow. Looks like an All-Star Cast will be there.

No comments: