Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fruits and Sexually Crazed Scotsmen

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, May 14 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, May 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, May 31 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday,June 1 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, June 2 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, June 3 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton


Upcoming Writing
A Pair of Singles (with Dawn Dumont) in ed magazine every second Saturday
This week's Topic: Pre-Date Rituals

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Other Appearances
Friday, May 4 - MPW War Path, Kingsway Hangars, Edmonton

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

Dan Brodribb's Wrestling Blog can be found at maritalartgallery.blogspot.com


-Is there any sweeter sound than the laughter of a roomful of people? There's no better feeling than seeing a crowd enjoying themselves.

-I have a new business idea, but I want to keep it to myself for a bit. For it to succeed I need to be good at a) computers and b) business. I suck at both--but life is about learning experiences, and I owe it to myself to try.

-I was pleasantly surprised by the crowd at the Crown & Anchor comedy contest. For a bar show they were really good. Well, except for the drunk old Scotsman who mooned Kathleen McGee and then rubbed up against her while she was onstage. Sexual assault aside though, it was a decent show. It was cool catching up with DANA ALEXANDER who eventually won the comedy contest. The not cool part was that I'm trying to improve my diet so instead of fries, I had vegetables on the side of my meal. I was a very sad Dan. I love fries. Vegetables, not so much. But I'm going to do this thing. I even bought fruit the other day--apples, bananas, pears, carrots and walnuts. Those are all fruit, right?

-I got a sneak peek at DAWN DUMONT's entry for this week's 'A Pair of Singles' in ed. It's easily one of the funniest things she's ever written. Check out A Pair of Singles this Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal.

No comments: