Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Upcoming Comedy
Wednesday, October 4 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)
Monday, October 30 - The Comic Strip (Edmonton)

Living Articles in the Journal - TBA

Television
(as 'Martial' Art McNeil)MPW Madness airs every Friday night (Saturday morning) at 1 AM

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

Last month was the busiest month I've ever done in comedy--21 shows. That sounds pretty good until you realize that's less than half of what Lars did in September. Still, it's nice seeing everybody getting stage time. I feel I've improved so much in the last month. I hope I can carry this momentum forward into October.

Speaking of which, October 5 will mark my second anniversary in comedy. It's such a big part of my life, it's weird to think I've only been doing it two years. But what a ride. I've gotten opportunities I never would have dreamed of and met some really cool people. I've also learned a lot about myself. If anyone were to ask me for a piece of advice about comedy, I'd tell them...well, I'd tell them to go ask someone who knows what they're talking about. But if pressed I would say, find what you're passionate about and do that. That isn't just for comedy, that applies to life as well. It sounds kind of pollyanna-ish, but with each and every passing day, I'm more convinced that it's true. These are the best days of my life, and they're only getting better.

No comments: