Monday, June 27, 2005

Update

UPCOMING GIGS
COMEDY
-Thursday, June 30 - Yuk Yuks Edmonton (guest spot) (CANCELLED)
-Tuesday, July 12 - The Blarney Stone, Lethbridge
-Thursday, July 14 - Grand Hotel, Fairview
-Sunday, July 17, Edmonton-The Comic Strip (guest spot)

-Sunday, July 24, Edmonton- The Comic Strip (guest spot)

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the Edmonton Journal's ed magazine.

-In case you're wondering, KENDALL GAWRYLUK won Comedy Idol, with SEAN LECOMBER finishing second. Thanks to everyone at Yuks, as well as our judges (HOLLY ROBSON from K-Rock, STEVE TILLEY from the EDMONTON SUN, Yuks' CHRYSI RUBIN, and comic ANDREW GROSE), and of course the people who came out and supported us. It was a great time.

-Metro Cinema and FAVA are working together to screen some short films by a bunch of local filmmakers. And Brodribb-philes will spot me doing a cameo in GEO (I'm not even going to try and spell his last name--but if someone wants to e-mail me the correct spelling, I'd appreciate it)'s 16mm movie, "Accord."

-I caught HARLAND WILLIAMS at Yuks on Saturday, although TOBY HARGRAVES, a very funny guy, plied me with alcohol that I was seeing two Harland's by the end of the night. Toby's a great guy, who's soon moving to Vancouver, but if you get a chance to see him, he has some very funny bits, especially if you like thoughtful, political comedy.

-DARYL MAKK--who MC'd Comedy Idol let me know about Vex magazine, a men's magazine based out of Calgary. I just got a copy, and it's pretty cool. Find out what it's all about at www.vexmagazine.com

No comments: