Saturday, January 14, 2012

Eat Play Love...and Vacuum

If I were to write a best-selling memoir about my nephew's first five months on the planet, it would be called EAT PLAY LOVE. Although I'd probably have to work something in there about sleeping and pooping too.

I haven't written much lately. This blog was to chronicle my adventures. I'm still having adventures these days, but most of them are of a different type ...learning how to be a grown-up.

And who wants to read about that?

It's been an interesting journey. I've climbed mountains. I've jumped out of airplanes. I've entertained large and sometimes hostile crowds.

None of those things have been as scary or as difficult as learning how to be a Good Uncle and Family Member, Adult Member of Society and all-around Responsible Human Being.

Today's adventure was learning how to clean the filter on my vacuum cleaner, an epic rollercoaster tale that ended with my kitchen counter, my floor, and my entire body from head to foot coated in a fine, grey, dust. Hazy clouds of it floated through the air and settled on the plants, the table, and the refrigerator. My kitchen has become an archaelogical site, the aftermath of the eruption of a lint volcano.

Looks like I won't be wearing these pants to the show tonight after all.

It was kind of fun.

But I haven't completely become Dan Brodribb, Good Citizen. There's wrestling tonight. There's comedy later in the month. There's the inconsistently-updated-but still-brilliant Gateway Boyfriend blog.

Check those things out. I hope to see you there.

Just as soon as I change my pants.


WRESTLING
Saturday, January 14 - RCW New Year's Retribution, Glengarry Community Hall - Edmonton

COMEDY
Monday, January 3o - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

WRITING
Dan's writing on Dating and relationships can be found at thegatewayboyfriend.blogspot.com

Check out this link for information on how to get Dan's Dating for Shy Guys ebook

No comments: