Monday, March 12, 2007

More Cowbell--I mean Update

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, March 26 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming WritingLiving Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, March 23 - Vancouver

A Pair of Singles (with Dawn Dumont) in ed magazine
Saturday, March 17 - Married People

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

The shows were great this weekend. The crowds were good every night, including a sold-out Saturday late show. The early show was also packed. Interestingly, I thought Sunday was a tough crowd, but they seemed to enjoy it and a number of the folks stayed to hang out with us after the show.

Meeting people is the coolest part of being a writer/comic. It just really widens your perspective--which is good because it gives me more stuff to write about.

One of the questions I most get asked by women who find out I'm writing a relationship column is "how do I get a guy to approach me?" I've always found that a tough question because a) I'm not a woman and b) you can't MAKE someone approach you. The nice thing about being proactive with women/men you're interested in is you have a measure of control--you go in and talk to them or you don't (The woman I'm seeing now ended up doing just that). But getting someone to come up to you...I don't know. I mean, there are certainly things you can do to make yourself more approachable (One book with a pretty good chapter on that very subject is "Why Mr. Right Can't Find You" by Mike Kearns), but there are no guarantees. I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say on the subject.

The word on BOBBY SHARP is a cracked pelvis. He'll be out for a couple months. Crappy, but it could have been a lot worse, I suppose. Get well soon, Bobby.

No comments: