Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mo Update

Upcoming Comedy
Wednesday, February 21 - Yuk Yuks, Great Canadian Laugh-Off
Thursday, February 15 - Kokanee Komedy Battle, The Sidetrack Cafe
Monday, February 26 - The Comic Strip

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Sunday, February 11 - Valentine's Day

A Pair of Singles (with Dawn Dumont) in ed magazine
Saturday, February 10 - Valentine's Day
Saturday, February 17 - Bar Stars

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

I just learned DAWN DUMONT, who co-writes A Pair of Singles with me in ed Magazine (this week's topic: Valentine's Day) and I will be going onstage at the special Valentine's Day Version of the Kokanee Komedy Battle Thursday, February 15 (http://www.myspace.com/kokaneecomedybattle ). As well, KATHLEEN MCGEE will be on with her boyfriend, RYAN and AMBER-LYNN of Mayhem will be there, and so will the unlikely pairing of POWERMANN and ANDREW IWANYK, aka the Humbugs. With the exception of a couple of joke battles and an ill-considered vaudeville routine with Powermann at the old Sidetrack, I've never done a two man show before. I have no idea what Dawn and I are going to do at this point, but I'm really looking forward to it. If we had someone to design a cool set for us, we could put on an advice show. At least I won't be alone on the day AFTER Valentine's Day. And isn't that the most important thing?

No comments: