Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dan Gets Tortured in the Name of Art.

Upcoming Comedy
Tuesday, November 25 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, November 26 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, November 27 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday, November 28 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, November 29 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, November 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Writing
Living articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, November 28
Friday, December 26
Current article can be found here.

Other Appearances
World War Wrestling - Friday, December 12 - Fulton Place Community League

Dan's musings on shyness and relationships can be found at hotchicksandstrangers.blogspot.com


Friday I spent a couple hours hanging by my hands from the ceiling while a guy with a knife tortured me. The knife was okay; the hanging less pleasant.

An earlier text exchange between me and the Slayer

HER: I’m working today
ME: Cool. I’m going to be tortured to death by a rogue military operative.
HER: Have fun. C U tonight.

The woman in my life is very understanding.

Yes, it was a movie. Yes, it was fun.

Also, very, very uncomfortable. Apparently, hanging from the ceiling is not great for the circulation in your hands.

It probably didn’t help that I had to keep making jokes during the filming. I can’t help myself. I just like to see if I can make guys break character.

Rogue Military Guy: You’re awake. I’ve got fifteen hours to kill. Tell me what I want to know or I‘m going to see how long I can make you hurt without dying.

ME: You had me at “You’re awake.”

He laughed. On the other hand, it meant we had to do another take.

But it was worth it...probably. I’ll know for sure once I get feeling back in my right thumb.

No comments: