Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dawn Makes Me Laugh

A woman I dated once asked why I spend more time on the phone with Dawn Dumont than with her.

I said, "Because, sweetie, Dawn is funnier than you are."

Probably not my finest moment.

But it's true. Dawn makes me laugh. Last night we had an extended phone conversation that covered our love lives, suicide, the Twilight novels, and the word "ninja-fucking," which I think is a marvellous word, even though I haven't a clue what it means (Maybe having sex with someone in a way that requires speed, quiet, and athletic ability--such as making love to your significant other in a moving RV bathroom while her parents play Crazy Eights outside).

Here's the Quotable Dawn Dumont Line of the night that made me howl, although I don't know how well it will translate into writing.

Dawn on May-December Relationships: I guess she worries that he found someone closer to her age. Which is a valid fear when you consider how many other ages there are between his age and her age.

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, June 22 - The Comic Strip - Edmonton
Monday, July 20 - The Comic Strip - Edmonton

Upcoming Wrestling Appearances
Saturday, June 20 - OSCW Rumble Aftermath, Hazeldean Community Hall - Edmonton

Dan Brodribb's Geek Love appears every two weeks at www.suicidegirls.com. Current article is here.

No comments: