Monday, April 20, 2009

An Email From The World's Smartest Man

My latest World Wrestling Insanity article is about one of my childhood heroes, Lanny Poffo aka The Genius.

I was thrilled to get another email from The Genius the day after the column appeared.

Here's the reprint.


Thanks Dan! That was a terrific article!

I appreciate your kind words. Like I said, THANKS FOR REMEMBERING!

Terry Funk was one of the greatest workers in the 70s. He took a liking to me and said something I'll never forget...

"Lanny, if you want to make it in this business, you've got to be peculiar. Since you look normal, you've got to act peculiar."

When they made me The Genius, I tried to act peculiar.

Leaping Lanny? Just a suffering hero!

Thanks again!

Lanny Poffo
www.lannypoffo.com


I am excited. And combined with seeing and talking with comedian Patrice O'Neal this weekend, who is one of the most fearless comics I've ever met, that Terry Funk line really struck a chord.

I am inspired.

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, April 20 - The Comic Strip - Edmonton

Writing
Dan Brodribb's Geek Love, a column on relationships appears in the culture section at www.suicidegirls.com. Check out the latest column here.

Dan's Wrestling writing appears at worldwrestlinginsanity.com Check out his current article here.

Other Appearances
Saturday, April 18- OSCW Wrestling - Hazeldean Community Hall

No comments: