Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Article Up & Buddhist Jokes

My latest Suicide Girls article is up here. The subject is online dating.

It's interesting that this article is on online dating, because I recently had a really interesting online experience.

Unfortunately, I can't talk about it yet, but the article is coming...assuming I can get the wordcount down to a reasonable level.

In other news, I am working on jokes about Buddhism for my act. Partly because it's something that nobody else is doing and partly because...well, Buddhism is interesting.

Plus, I think I'm pretty good at it. Sometimes I'll be sitting there meditating, and I'll be like: "Man, I'm great at this meditating thing. I'm way better than that guy, and he's been doing it longer. I should get a prize or something. What has two thumbs and is a being of selfless compassion completely free of attachments, delusions, and the ego? This guy right here, that's who."

It's possible I may be missing the point a little.

I've included some Buddhist street jokes below that you can share with your friends.

What did the Buddhist say to the Hot Dog Vendor?
Make me one with everything.

What did the Buddhist Waitress say to the Customer when he asked for his change?

Change comes from within.

Tip your wait staff, everybody.

Meanwhile, here is the rest of my schedule.

Upcoming Comedy
Tuesday, February 24 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Monday, March 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, March 31 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, April 2 - Zombie Laughpocalypse, New City, Edmonton
Monday, April 20 - The Comic Strip - Edmonton

Writing
Dan Brodribb's Geek Love, a column on relationships appears in the culture section at www.suicidegirls.com. Check out the latest column here.

Dan's Wrestling writing appears at worldwrestlinginsanity.com Check out his current article here.

Other Appearances
Saturday, March 28 - OSCW Wrestling - Hazeldean Community Hall

No comments: