Monday, March 23, 2009

More Reasons Dan Loves Comedy & New Wrestling Article

The recent passing of Andrew "Test" Martin is the latest in a long line of wrestling deaths. Death and the wrestling busines is something I've been forced to think about a lot more than I'd like to, and I still haven't completely sorted out my feelings. My rather confused article on the subject is here.

REASONS I LOVE COMEDY #992 493

I did a corporate show(*) on Saturday for a formal fundraiser for a woman's volleyball league. 400 people, 350 of whom were athletic women dressed to the nines (**).

Lars had to grab me by the ear and drag me out of there...

(*)Corporate shows are the Texas Hold 'Em of Comedy. The margin for error is smaller, the stakes are higher, and if you can't read people, you might as well go home. They can also be the most satisfying shows to do well.

(**) On the other hand, before you get too jealous, consider we had to drive home in a blizzard. [sarcastic font] Special thanks goes to the truck who bombed by us at 130km/h and whited-out our windshield. Nothing like not knowing where the road or vehicles ahead of you are while being unable to slow down because of the cars behind you to make you truly feel alive. [/sarcastic font]

REASONS I LOVE COMEDY #992 494

Zombie Laughapocalypse on April 7 at New City.

I get to dress up like a zombie and do comedy about it. Not only challenging from a comedic stand-point, but ridiculously fun-sounding. Call me Larry the Zombie Guy. "EAT R BRAINS!"

I am way more excited about this than a normal human person should be.

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, March 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, March 31 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, April 7 - Zombie Laughpocalypse, New City, Edmonton
Monday, April 20 - The Comic Strip - Edmonton

Writing
Dan Brodribb's Geek Love, a column on relationships appears in the culture section at www.suicidegirls.com. Check out the latest column here.

Dan's Wrestling writing appears at worldwrestlinginsanity.com Check out his current article here.

Other Appearances
Saturday, March 28 - OSCW Wrestling - Hazeldean Community Hall

No comments: