Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Comedy Tapings, Suicide Girls & The Kindness of Strangers.

I have a love/hate relationship with tapings.

I love them because usually if someone's taping me, it means there's the potential for something good to Mrs. Brodribb's Handsome Son vis-a-vis fame and fortune.

I hate them because they're so awkward and feel completely foreign.

I did a taping for a Rooftop Comedy contest the other night. It was interested because the crowd was seated mostly to one side to make the room look more full. However, the camera was on the other side of the room completely, and that's what you need to play to during a taping. I felt like a complete heel ignoring the crowd and staring straight at an empty section of the room.

While I don't see the new clips up on the site (www.rooftopcomedy.com),how well we do in the contest depends on how many views our clip gets. Consequently, I'm thinking of changing my name to Megan Fox Nude.

In other news I'm pleased to report I'm now writing for the Suicide Girls website. I'm very excited. Not only have I always dug the SG ethos, Brad Warner, who wrote Hardcore Zen, one of my favorite books, also writes for them. The column will take the place of the hotchicksandstrangers blog, which is going on hiatus.

The website is Not For Children, but you can find my article here.

I also want to extend a thanks to the two ladies who helped me find my jacket at the bar the other night. "Nightclub People" have a reputation as shallow, superficial flakes, but you can find good people in all sorts of places.

Upcoming Comedy
Tuesday, February 24 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Monday, March 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Writing

Dan Brodribb's Geek Love, a column on relationships appears in the culture section at www.suicidegirls.com. Check out the latest column here.

Dan's Wrestling writing appears at worldwrestlinginsanity.com Check out his current article here.

No comments: